Here is the poster - please print it out and help spread the word
Biochar Compost Workshop Poster to download and print
Using Biochar with Manure and Compost
Saturday, May 28, from 10am-3pm
Tierra Buena Worm Farm
8530 North Bank Rd, Roseburg, OR
Join the Umpqua Biochar Education Team (UBET) and Kelpie Wilson of Wilson Biochar Associates for this hands-on biochar workshop.
- Learn about the chemistry and biology of biochar compost
- Learn how to construct a compost pile with correct C:N ratios
- Learn how to make bokashi – a fermented fertilizer
- Learn how to make your own high carbon fertilizers by charging biochar with nutrients and microbes
If you like, bring items for the Pot Luck Compost Pile we will build:
- Straw, grass clippings, sawdust, shavings or wood chips
- Food scraps or manure (please bring in closed buckets)
Please bring a sack lunch and a chair to sit in for the slide show
Also, we will be outdoors part of the time and working with wet and dirty materials, so dress appropriately and bring work gloves. More info at www.ubetbiochar.blogspot.com. Or call Kelpie Wilson at 541-218-9890.